Keyword

How to get "latest News" and "Popular" from K2?

More
11 years 2 months ago #116365 by Frank
Hello,
I'm wondering how I get K2 to populate the "Latest News" and Popular Articles" features or something like that for K2? The joomla ones draw from Joomla's articles and I don't know that there is a way to get them to draw from K2 items. Is there a way to make "Latest News" and "Popular Articles" for K2 items?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #116366 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: How to get "latest News" and "Popular" from K2?
Hy,

you have converted your Joomla-Articles to k2?

Greetings

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116367 by Frank
No, there is no content. This is a new site. I just put one article in Joomla to see it work. I then went to K2 to find a way to replicate it but do not see how. I think I have to create a tool if I'm not mistaken. Am I close? I have a couple items in K2.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116368 by Eric
do you want a blog/news style page where it lists the site's articles?

if so try this:

create a new menu item within menu manager, and choose "Categories" for the type within the k2 ones if you want it to show articles from all your categories, don't choose any where it shows "Select categories" within basic option on the right side of the page

then scroll down to "Item ordering" in the "Layout options for multiple category selection" part, here you can choose how they will show, by newest, oldest, popularity, name, etc.

i like to modify things, and make them do unintended things