Keyword

Help with aligning 'Information' panel

• Stefan
  • Stefan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #116447 by Stefan
Hi there,

First thanks for making K2 such a great component!

I'm still figuring things out but it's going well so far. I do have a question, perhaps somebody can help me out with this.

Question: On the demo page (demo.getk2.org/item) I see a item that uses an 'Additional info' panel on the left with text surrounding the container. I would like to achieve the same on my website, only then on the right.

I can make the container float to the right and use a margin-top: -100px to move it to the top. My problem is that the text isn't surrounding the container. Can somebody help me out or tell how it's being done on the demo page?

My website: vleuterweide.gidownload.nl/index.php/kleding

Kind regards,
Stefan (the Netherlands)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
  • Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord's Avatar
More
11 years 2 months ago #116448 by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord
Replied by Agence culturelle départementale Dordogne-Périgord on topic Re: Help with aligning 'Information' panel
Hi Stefan,

I took a look at the page, nice looking. However, I don't see the Additional info showing.

Anyhow, I think you should use a model that you can put in /template/yourtemplate/html and then you can modify the layout (in the php file and using css) to suit your needs. Using a model that is recorder in your template will overide the original K2 files so that you'll never lose you layout when doing an update.

You can also have multiple models and assign the to different categories and then have different layout per category.

You'll find info on K2 models and categories in the documentation part of this site.

Hoe this helps :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.