Keyword

Create a new Article

• Johnathan
  • Johnathan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116579 by Johnathan
Create a new Article was created by Johnathan
Hello everyone,

From the looks of things that K2 has to offer, it looks like it will suffice for my article listing needs. Thus, i've installed K2.

I've imported all of my items and categories, they are all enabled.

I've created a new menu item 'Articles' as a "Latest items from (one or more) users or categories."

I can see all of the articles from the subcategories of the root, which is great!

Now, I've created a new article from the front end. It actually created the article within Joomla, but not K2. What do I have to do in order to get the articles created under K2 as the default instead of having to create it in Joomla and then import it. The site will end up being able to allow registered user to enter their own articles and content, so this is crucial.

When I created a 'Item edit form' menu item, when clicking on the link, I get the following:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentError::countModules() in /templates/hfi1240-1.0/error.php on line 189

I realize that it has something to do with my template, however, when I use the default Joomla Article edit form, I have no issues.

Thank you,
Johnathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #116580 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Create a new Article
Hello Johnathan,

You have to create directly items in K2 because you will end up with double even triple content. You should try resolving this issue or reverting to the default error page or use the default template for this menu item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johnathan
  • Johnathan's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116581 by Johnathan
Replied by Johnathan on topic Re: Create a new Article
@Krikor,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a K2 Article creation form? Is that what the "Item Edit Form" is?

For some reason the above form has an issue with my template. On the line noted is the following: