Article Image Browser issue for external files

• Jörg Tochtenhagen
  • Jörg Tochtenhagen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #116582 by Jörg Tochtenhagen
Article Image Browser issue for external files was created by Jörg Tochtenhagen
Hello,

we are using Joomla 2.5 and K2

we are hosting about 30 websites and need to store all data files in one directory which is located at the root of the server. Each CMS has a htaccess re-direction of a "data" folder to this root folder, so that image browsing, e.g. with JoomlaCK (configured to "../data") accesses this data folder. We need to do this, since we need to separate all CMS content from the data content. All websites need to access all files, so it is not possible to use the standard image folder. All that works with images included in articles, and it also works with the standard extra image content, but this does not work with K2 images browsed through the image tab of the article editor.

The image browser and the media manager throws "unable to connect to backend" and it's also not possible to enter a manual path to the image.

We need to fix this, since we need images stored in the image tab, whether selected with a browser or simply manually added to the path.

Can anyone help?

Jörg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #116583 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Article Image Browser issue for external files
Hello Jorg,

You need your hosting provider's assistance for this one. For multisite enviroments you need to setup symlinks if you wish to place your photos outside the root folder.

As for the media manager K2 uses elFinder which supports symlinks (with some restrictions due to security concerns). I have not tried this but I thibk your hosting provider will be able to set this up.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jörg Tochtenhagen
  • Jörg Tochtenhagen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116584 by Jörg Tochtenhagen
Replied by Jörg Tochtenhagen on topic Re: Article Image Browser issue for external files
Hi,

thanks for your answer. The problem seems, that the K2 Image browser is not capable of resolving relative links correctly, which works with the build in Joomla Media Manager. If i confire the media manager root path to "../data" it correctly browses through the files outside the Joomla cms root.

I indeed solved the problem with editing the K2 item PHP file and removed the "readonly", so that i can enter the complete relative path manually, which works perfectly. Still the browser does not work, but changing that would be too much work for me at the moment.

Jörg