Keyword

[SOLVED] JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 18

• Anne Marie Rasmussen
  • Anne Marie Rasmussen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #116593 by Anne Marie Rasmussen
[SOLVED] JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 18 was created by Anne Marie Rasmussen
Short version - new site that I'm trying to build quickly. Informational site which I thought K2 would work well with. Used a K2 compatible template with quick start. Installed K2 and imported articles. When I used K2 I got the error JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID:42 Followed the Joomla instructions for this issue to make changes to database. Now get the error JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 18 Only happens in the K2. Standard Joomla no issue. Any solutions? Should I uninstall K2 and reinstall, add new user or what? Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #116594 by Johan
Hi. What probably happened was that you imported articles that are assigned to an ID, or the quick install had a user there already.

Open your database, go to #... k2_items, assign all the articles to a particular user that you know is Ok.

And delete the rest of the users in the joomla admin backend. I am assuming you dont have any users now seeing as you just installed it.

Sometimes these quickstart packages come with a pre-defined users that might have conflicted when you imported.

Regards,
Johan

• Anne Marie Rasmussen
  • Anne Marie Rasmussen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116595 by Anne Marie Rasmussen
Replied by Anne Marie Rasmussen on topic Re: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 18
Thanks for the reply. After a little playing around I found the change author link and since I'm the only user at the moment it is just as easy to change the author while editing the articles. Your suggestion is probably the more correct and elegant way to do it :) but whatever works I guess. So problem solved .....

More
11 years 1 month ago #116596 by dexterpound
Replied by dexterpound on topic Re: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 18
Unable to load user with ID
  1. Open your Joomla database using PHPMyadmin tool.
  2. Find and open (click “Browse” icon) “jos_users” table:
  3. Find and open (click “Edit” icon) the record with “Super User” name:
  4. Change Super User id value to 42 and click “Go” button:
  5. Find and open (click “Browse” icon) “jos_user_usergroup_map” table.
  6. Find and open (click “Edit” icon) the record with “group_id” value 8, change “user_id” value to 42, then click “Go” button:

Open your database, go to #... k2_items, assign all the articles to a particular user that you know is Ok.

Also look at the:

created_by
checked_out
modified_by

If the numbers are different then the Super User account then change them to the same number.

created_by ..................... 42
checked_out .................147
modified_by .................. 42

checked_out needs to be changed to ............ 42

The number can be 42, 156, 12, whatever I am just using 42 here as a global type of reference.

www.templatemonster.com/help/joomla-2-5-5-juser-_load-unable-to-load-user-with-id-42-error.html