Keyword

[SOLVED] Show more categories on one page, different styles

• Lex Thoonen
  • Lex Thoonen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116665 by Lex Thoonen
Hi,

I'm building this website for a festival. The festival has sponsors. The sponsors are divided into 4 groups depending on their involvement.

We want to show all sponsors on one page, but say sponsor group1 get a bigger image and a descriptive text, group 2 the same but the image size is smaller, group 3 gets no text, group 4 just gets a title.

I've put them all into different subcategories of a category called sponsors. But I can't figure out how to achieve what I just described above.

The items in the different subcategories always show exactly the same (when they're shwon all together on the parent category page). Another thing is, the order. Obviously, we want the most important group to show above, but I haven't figured out yet how to do that.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #116666 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Show more categories on one page, different styles
Hello Lex,

I would use two approaches to this issue.

a) Use K2 module instances with selected items and different templates or,
b) Change the ordering of the category (through it's settings), create a new template for it and have each item (category_item.php) have a different is based on the title or the id. Then I would use CSS to control the output of each file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Lex Thoonen
More
11 years 1 month ago #116667 by Lex Thoonen
Thanks Krikor!

the second option sounds like a lot of work (and it's all voluntary ;) ), I think I'll try option a first: just showing different modules on top of each other, right? Then make sure the templates are different.

Thanks again!

• Lex Thoonen
More
11 years 1 month ago #116668 by Lex Thoonen
Strange thing: the items in the module seem to link to the item, but as soon as you click on it, in stead of the 'item page' the same page is presented as the one we were at (with all the items of the categories)

Have a look:
www.bioagaeteculturalsolidario.org/index.php/bio-gaete/patrocinadores

Just click on one item and you'll see what I mean.

Anybody an idea?

• Lex Thoonen
More
11 years 1 month ago #116669 by Lex Thoonen
Ok, got it.

Had to have actually menu buttons pointing to the different categories to make the links work. I've put them in a hidden menu and all works fine now.