Keyword

missing Image folder question

• Adam S
  • Adam S's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116762 by Adam S
missing Image folder question was created by Adam S
I am not seeing images in either k2 image or joomla images after uploading,

If I upload images direct into any of these folders its works, i can see the image .

The problem is when i am uploading direct into a K2 cat, or item, the image uploads but NOT to any of the folders.? It is located in the cache see this surgefx.com/media/k2/items/cache/47e29f9fe96a1771642fb05ac8a8fd00_L.jpg

So in this case that image is on an article, that was created backend, as a new item, which i uploaded image direct to item(bypassing the main media folders/sections for K2 and JOOMLA)

Thats fine but where are the originals stored? I can not find them in any folder... so i can not reuse the same images.

I can see no way to set a folder path ? or change any settings...

Any ideas ..

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #116763 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: missing Image folder question
Hello Adam,

When you upload images through K2 they are uploaded and stored in the media folder. Depending on the type of the image (category, item, gallery) it is stored in a different folder inside the media folder. For the item image there are also the 5 sizes created. The source image is stored in the src subfolder.

If you need to re-use any image for the K2 item image you should try the Browse server option instead where the image should be prior uploaded in another location.
You cannot access the media folder directly. It is only used as a storage of your K2 images.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.