Keyword

Introduction vs. text

• Paulo André Vieira
  • Paulo André Vieira's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116847 by Paulo André Vieira
Introduction vs. text was created by Paulo André Vieira
Hello,

I just recently moved from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 using K2. My site have over 26.000 items.

In Joomla 1.5, when the item didn't have <hr id="system-readmore" /> spliting the content, everything was considered to be the text, and everything would show up in the item view, right?

So, I had a bunch of content I've imported from another CMS that didn't have the <hr id="system-readmore" />, but it was fine because the content would show up fine on the item page and the the list page would show only the title.

But more recent articles started to use the <hr id="system-readmore" /> to create introductions that would appear on the list pages.

In other words, I had both items in the same category and menu, some that used introduction and some that didn't.

But now, in the new site with Joomla 2.5 and K2, it seems like the default when the item doesn't have the <hr id="system-readmore" /> is to consider the whole text as the introduction. That created a big problem:

If I want to show the text in those old articles I have to enable the introduction to appear in the item page. But that would mean the introduction would also appear on the newer content, something that wasn't supposed to happen. And if I hide the introduction on the item page the old content won't show anything.

Is it an expected behavior using J2.5 and K2? Or that's not supposed to happen and something got messed up with my template ou configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
11 years 1 month ago #116848 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: Introduction vs. text
I guess there isnt any problem with k2 and joomla, but your settings. If i dont understand wrong you had merged some new items that doesnt include the "read more" markup. And i think there is the problem. Probably you had your settings to not display introtext on item view or viceversa and now those new items doesnt display correctly.
can you provide clear details or a link to show it?

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Paulo André Vieira
More
11 years 1 month ago #116849 by Paulo André Vieira
Replied by Paulo André Vieira on topic Re: Introduction vs. text
Hello,

This 2 link shows a recent article, where we're using the <hr id="system-readmore" /> to create an introduction, and the list where you can see the article:

www.oeco.org.br/noticias/27480-identidade-revelada-este-e-o-olinguito
www.oeco.org.br/noticias?limitstart=0

This second link shows an older article, where there's no <hr id="system-readmore" /> in place to create an introduction, and the list where you can see the article:

www.oeco.org.br/noticias/77-monitoramento
www.oeco.org.br/noticias?start=15450

As you can see in the second set of links, the content is being considered the introduction and appearing on the list page, but not on the item page.
Attachments:

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
11 years 1 month ago #116850 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: Introduction vs. text
This is the normal behaviour on K2.
Are those older articles within the same category or does old and new items share same categories??

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Paulo André Vieira
More
11 years 1 month ago #116851 by Paulo André Vieira
Replied by Paulo André Vieira on topic Re: Introduction vs. text
They all share the same category.

It's kinda weird that's the normal behavior on K2. It's the same way on Joomla 2.5? I'm sure that wasn't the behavior on Joomla 1.5. I can't understand the need to change a basic behavior on the way content is displayed without a way to reverse it. It creates all kinds of compatibility issues when you start using K2 with a site that already had lots of content...

If you don't need to use the <hr id="system-readmore" /> on the article, how come K2 considers the default way one can publish something as the intro? If I just type some text on the article I want it to be shown on the article, not on the intro.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #116852 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: Introduction vs. text
Hy

If theres no "readmore" in Article, k2 shows all text of Article. Some of my Authors did it too: Dont think to set "redamore". So i set the word-limit in k2-Options of Category - problem solved.

Greetings