Keyword

Strange issue with categories and subcategories

• Jonas Aabye Olsen
  • Jonas Aabye Olsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116875 by Jonas Aabye Olsen
Strange issue with categories and subcategories was created by Jonas Aabye Olsen
I have a site www.praematures.dk

Having a few categories :

I have a few modules that is set to show on "All selected pages"

On the menu "Artikler", everything looks fine

Also in the subcategory - "Råd og vejledning" it looks good:

But in the subcategory "Diverse", and "Livet med et præmaturt barn" it goes wrong, and the sidebar modules doesnt show.

They dont show in the article view neither in those two categories, but only in the category "Råd og vejledninger".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #116876 by Yiota
Hello Jonas,

It seems that the modules on the right are not assigned to show in all pages but in some specific menu items. That is what you cannot see them in those subcategory pages.
Either put the modules to show in all pages (if applicable) or create menu items for the subcategories as well.

• Jonas Aabye Olsen
More
11 years 1 month ago #116877 by Jonas Aabye Olsen
Replied by Jonas Aabye Olsen on topic Re: Strange issue with categories and subcategories
Hmmm - Even more strange ...

Created a hidden menu - With K2 content, display a subcategory - In my case

www.praematures.dk/artikler/diverse.html

But now, when I enter www.praematures.dk/diverse/god-til-at-haekle.html (an article in that category), it shows the modules...

But when I enter www.praematures.dk/diverse/international-praematur-dag.html - another article in same category - It doesnt show any modules.

And no - I havent any menu items to show specific articles...

• Jonas Aabye Olsen
More
11 years 1 month ago #116878 by Jonas Aabye Olsen
Replied by Jonas Aabye Olsen on topic Re: Strange issue with categories and subcategories
Anyone can help me out with this?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #116879 by Yiota
There seems to be something wrong with the redirection of those subcategories. In the first link you have posted, the one that you see the modules on the right, you will see that the Artikler menu item in your main menu is set as active.
In the second link, even though you go to a same category's item the Forside menu item is set as active instead.
Do you use other SEF mechanism like sh404 maybe?

• Jonas Aabye Olsen
More
11 years 1 month ago #116880 by Jonas Aabye Olsen
Yes - I do use SH404 module...

So, if I should get another answer than just - uninstall sh404, what should I do?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #116881 by Yiota
I never said that you should uninstall sh404, that was just a question for me to understand why this is happening.

Using sh404sef means you are bypassing the Joomla! router alltogether, therefore there is no need to use K2's hidden menus method. I think that particular menu structure and the sh404sef router might be causing these issues.

Try disabling the hidden menu and stick with the sh404sef router (in order to keep all your URLs intact) or use only K2's advanced SEF features (thus using the standard Joomla! router).

So my proposed solution would be:

Map ALL you categories in menus
DO NOT map any items unless you really need to
Do not use the hidden menu technic with sh404sef
Fill in the sh404SEF Integration fields that K2 has

• Jonas Aabye Olsen
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #116882 by Jonas Aabye Olsen
Hmmm... Still it wont Work proberly. Some of the categories seems to Work, but others dont.

I have tried to set the default handler to the "joomla router", and everything Works, but then the URL's are altered, and Im not interested in that. But if i use the default handler - The modules are the on some categories, but not on others :-/