Keyword

extra fields - displayed empty "Searchable Labels"

• Kalamitsis Damianos
  • Kalamitsis Damianos's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116903 by Kalamitsis Damianos
extra fields - displayed empty "Searchable Labels" was created by Kalamitsis Damianos
Hello,
I'm running K2 v2.6.7 on joomla!3.1 and I found that "Searchable Labels" type of extra fields is a very good solution for what I intent to do, but...
Althought other types of extra fields disapear the name of extra field at front end when value is empty (using NO as option to "Required"), that particular type display it anyway!
Is there any solution for that? I suppose that may be easy enough for someone knows php, but this is not the case for me
Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #116904 by Yiota
Hello,

You could try hiding it via CSS. The CSS rule should be something like

span.catItemExtraFieldsLabel {display:none;}

• Kalamitsis Damianos
  • Kalamitsis Damianos's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116905 by Kalamitsis Damianos
Replied by Kalamitsis Damianos on topic Re: extra fields - displayed empty "Searchable Labels"
Thank you Yiota,
but css solution hides ALL the names of extra fields, not only them with empty values!

I believe the problem with that specific type of extra fields, is that an <a> tag exist anyway into <span.itemExtraFieldsValue>, (waiting for a value to fill in) so that is not "empty", even there is no value for the field...
I'm not sure but I think the solution must be at php code.
Something το include <a> tag to the empty value exclusion that already exist... (maybe totally wrong approach?)
Thanks again anyway!