Keyword

Set Categorical Featured Items Only as Menu Item.

• Greg Corliss
  • Greg Corliss's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116928 by Greg Corliss
I'm trying to set up a front page K2 menu item but I only want to show featured items. I've used a category menu item but am unable to locate a setting to show only featured items. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #116929 by Yiota
Hello Greg,
If the category you want to show the featured items contains only items that you want to show in frontpage then select the option Featured Items -> Show only featured items from the category parameters.
If you have more than one category you need to select and fetch the featured items then you can select that through the menu item itself. Once more than one categories is selected the option for featured items becomes available and you can set the above option here.

• Greg Corliss
  • Greg Corliss's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #116930 by Greg Corliss
Ok I finally found the Show Featured Items only setting under advanced settings buried down in layout options for multiple category selections. Logically I think it would be a setting towards the top of the advanced section. regardless of whether it's a multiple or single category. I don't want to set show only featured items at the category level, I'd rather just unpublish the items.
Thanks for the help.