Keyword

K2 effecting registration forms

• Richard Winters
  • Richard Winters's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117066 by Richard Winters
K2 effecting registration forms was created by Richard Winters
Hello,

So I've noticed a bit of an issue with using K2, especially at time of registration.

1. K2 has profiling options, which adds fields to registration forms.

2. K2 automatically forwards all registration based requests to com_users.

3. This get's in the way of any other plug-in which extends the Joomla Registration.

The real problem lies in that we have several sites which use a registration plug-in to sync our sites with our in-house software. K2 likes to intercept the form, add fields, then forward the request to com_users, which we do not want it to do because then our registration plug-ins never even take action and registration fails.

Yes, we have disabled K2 User Profiling and it stops intercepting. May I suggest you add an optional command to perhaps clue k2 into what should be done during registration, or to allow other plug-ins to take action if that option is enabled?

Or if I'm getting too far ahead, is there a method to stop K2 from over-riding other registration plug-ins?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
11 years 1 month ago #117067 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: K2 effecting registration forms
I'm not sure that I understood the problem.

But if you try to re-order the plugins, such that K2 plugin works first, then other plugins work after that, will this prevent K2 plugin from overriding other plugins work?

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.