Keyword

Limitations on the number and size of items for K2

• Stephen Sabludowsky
  • Stephen Sabludowsky 's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117187 by Stephen Sabludowsky
Limitations on the number and size of items for K2 was created by Stephen Sabludowsky
Hi,
I have a major issue. that could be central to k2.
My website bayoubuzz.com uses an extension called obgrabber. I have had numerous load crashes and after months of use and crashes of the site, I am now told by a 3rd-party extension developer that the reason that the RSS feed extension will not work, because i have too many items and the size of the items file is too big.

So, the developer of obgrabber asked me to inquire from you if there is a limit to the size of the k2 items.
We used slow querry to see the issue and traced it to items.php and helper.php.

I have roughly 50,000 items published and roughly 500,000 items (the rest are unpublished) and we pull in about 1000 items daily.

I have attached the two files that were related to our investigation based upon the slow querry report.
The paths are as follows:

/home/bayoubuz/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/models/items.php

/home/bayoubuz/public_html/administrator/modules/mod_k2_stats/helper.php

items.php

helper.php

Thanks so much,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117188 by Lefteris
Hi. First of all i cannot get your attachments. Secondly, Trying to pull 1000 items in a page request will probably fail. Of course this depends also on your server. One thing you can try to do is to setup K2 not to fetch data you do not need. Go to K2 parameters and under the content tab you can find the RSS related settings. There you can for example set "Item Gallery" to "Hide" in case you do not need it in your feeds.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.