Keyword

Need help quick on publishing options and access

More
11 years 1 month ago #117384 by DC
I'm a new user to K2. I'm in the process of building a new site and wish to have content that is set as "Public" to not be visible (hidden) when a register user logs in.

I wish to be able to hide a K2 item, a K2 category or a menu from my registered users only when they are logged in - what is the easiest way to achieve this?

Many thanks for your help and contributions.

DC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117385 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Need help quick on publishing options and access
Hello DC,

You need to use Joomla!'s ACL and create the appropriate Joomla User groups. Then assign the proper access to these menu items or K2 items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #117386 by DC
My understanding of the default ACL (which could well be wrong) is that everything resides from the parent group - public. therefore it's included by default, whereas I'm looking for a method to exclude"public" - i.e. a deny permission.

Any thoughts?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117387 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Need help quick on publishing options and access
It can still be a child group of Public as long as you do have it inheriting values. This means you have to specify each value.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)