Keyword

Please help attachment file change to YYYY.pdf

• SocheatICT
  • SocheatICT's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117404 by SocheatICT
Dear all K2 users,

I really need help from you guys in K2 attachment file name in Unicode, when my file in Unicode file name, then upload to k2. It's convert to YYYY.pdf .

I really need help how to change code or other option, because I really need to show my attachment in my own language.

Finally, I really appreciate you a lot for your kindly help me in advance.

Best Regards,
From Cambodia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117405 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Please help attachment file change to YYYY.pdf
Hello Socheal,

I strongly suggest you change it to latin characters because you will have major compatibility and accessibility issues (not all servers support cambodian language.)

You can use the link in your language and the filename in latin chars.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #117406 by Ilya Kochetov
Replied by Ilya Kochetov on topic Re: Please help attachment file change to YYYY.pdf
I know this is an old thread but as the previous reply was less than helpful and there is a genuine need for localized filenames (my client has his whole huge library of documents named in Russian) I believe that I could share the experience here.
This particular issue (conversion of non-latin characters into "Y"s is fixed by setting in
class.upload.php
(found in /administrator/components/com_k2/lib/)
On the line 1251 there is a configurable variable, which is by default set to true. Set it to false for K2 to stop renaming your files
$this->file_safe_name = false;