Keyword

Some Help with category listing

• Sukhdeep Heer
  • Sukhdeep Heer's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117408 by Sukhdeep Heer
Some Help with category listing was created by Sukhdeep Heer
Hi

Been using Joomla for years but first time I have started to use K2.

I have tried changing some category list options but I cant seem to get this to work like the way that I want. I removed the large folder icon next to the top level category name but this was replaced with a smaller icon instead. Ideally I want to remove the small icon from this and from the links. The links are way to big and I want to make them smaller as well (have found how to do this for category list items but not for the main category).

I also want to remove the view items text from this page but cannot figure a way of doing this.

Any help would be appreciated. I have included a screenshot of the page and highlighted the changes I would like of what I am trying to achieve.

I have played around with hiding the category title and adding this in the text on page only downside to this is that I have to do this for all category and I have hundreds so it seems to be more logical for me to simply remove the icon and change the h2 to h1 instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117409 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Some Help with category listing
Hello Sukh,

The folder icons are the subcategory images, you can use a different placeholder or select to hide that image in the cateogry settings.

For the other changes you need to change the category.php file which is located in your template's html/com_k2/default folder. (If you don't have overrides you need to create this tutorial will help you getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates )

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.