Keyword

[SOLVED] Linking menu item to a specific page

• Matan Orland
  • Matan Orland's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117441 by Matan Orland
[SOLVED] Linking menu item to a specific page was created by Matan Orland
Hello everybody,

I'm very new to Joomla and k2 so I apologize for my ignorance in advance. My sister and I bought a template which came with K2 already installed to build her husband's website (he makes jewelry). The current website address is: www.crazypotato.org/amirf

I have been trying to play around with the joomla administration system, and am at a loss. I'm a programmer so I thought it would be easier for me, but apparently not:)

If you go to the address, there is a menu at the top of the page. Under "Jewelry" there is a sub item called "Gallery". I do not need this sub item, but instead want the "Jewelry" menu item to lead me directly to the same link which the gallery leads to. I have looked around and tried a million different things, but I can't get it to work.

Does anybody have a good idea for me? What am I missing here (I'm guessing I don't fully grasp the administration system and that is why it is hard for me to go about and change things).

Thanks in advance,
Matan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117442 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Linking menu item to a specific page
Hello Matan,

You need to learn how the Joomla! menu system works looking for some tutorial will help you a lot.

In your position I would probably duplicate or copy the gallery menu item which is a K2 Categories menu item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Matan Orland
  • Matan Orland's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117443 by Matan Orland
Replied by Matan Orland on topic Re: Linking menu item to a specific page
Thank you very much!