Keyword

Can I get K2 not to process images at all?

• dtronvig
  • dtronvig's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #117484 by dtronvig
I'm uploading JPEGs that are all 360px in width (or a little less) which will end up being scaled by the browser on a fluid layout to a width of generally about 230px but sometimes ranging from about 120 to 350px. Pictures are now being sent from the server at 712px width, which seems unnecessarily bulky and which might introduce a slight generational degradation .

Are uploaded images processed by K2 to actually be stored at standard size? In any case, can I get K2 not to process the images at all -- or at very least not to re-scale them -- and to send them just as I uploaded them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117485 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Can I get K2 not to process images at all?
Hello Drew,

This is hack to the core so I strongly suggest you don't procceed with it since its is very risky.

Why don't you specify a width of 360px for your medium and generic image sizes and use these sizes instead?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• dtronvig
  • dtronvig's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117486 by dtronvig
Replied by dtronvig on topic Re: Can I get K2 not to process images at all?
Well, I may end up re-specifying the size, but now I'm curious about K2's photo processing. If I promise to back up data and code every step of the way, could someone point me toward the photo processing code in K2?