Keyword

TableK2UserGroup: :store failed

More
11 years 1 month ago #117499 by Dave
TableK2UserGroup: :store failed was created by Dave
Fairly new Joomla user of three months or so - and VERY new K2 user of a matter of hours. I've had a look around the forum and can't find the answer to the following:

I have downloaded K2 but I cannot get it to work. I assume it is because there are no users. Tried importing Users from Joomla which didn't work. I get the following message if I try to save a Category, Item, or Group:

Table 'davo_joom866.jos_k2_user_groups' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_k2_user_groups` (`id`,`name`,`permissions`) VALUES ('','Registered','{\"comment\":\"1\",\"frontEdit\" :\"1\",\"add\":\"1\",\"editOwn\":\"1\",\"editAll\" :\"1\",\"publish\":\"1\",\"editPublished\":\"1\",\ "inheritance\":\"0\"}')

if anyone could turn me and point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117500 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
Hello Dave,

The error you are getting (Table 'davo_joom866.jos_k2_user_groups doesn't exist) seems like K2 was not installed properly. I suggest you download the latest version and try reinstalling.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #117501 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
Thanks Krikor,

yes, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing half a dozen times - same outcome.

I assume there is only one way to download and one way to upload...

Nothing ever seems to work right out of the box - always problems. Story of my life..!!

Looks like I'll have to pass on K2.

Many thanks
Dave

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117502 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
Hello Dave,

Make sure your setup and permissions are setup correctly (also your configuration.php file and table prefixes ) because if K2 crashes other components will crash as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #117503 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
Thanks again Krikor,

remember, I'm a fairly new student of Joomla, more a user than an aficionado..!!

If I knew what a configuration.php file was - and table prefixes, then I would give it a shot.

Well - I still can't get past the first step and start using K2 - the more I read about it, the better it sounds. The training vids are very good too. So I can't give up yet. Spent all day again on this.

If anyone can point me to someone who would take a look I'm willing to pay. Not sure if I can put a Skype name on here so I'd better not.

Many thanks again
Despairing Dave..!!

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
11 years 1 month ago #117504 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
Hi Dave,
See my email on my profile and send me your doubts. We can discuss about this over skype too.

Rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #117505 by Bryan Sarauer
Replied by Bryan Sarauer on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
I think I have the same problem. I get this error after attempting to create a new user group:

Error after attempting to create new group:
Table 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.j25_k2_user_groups' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `j25_k2_user_groups` .... (plus details of the user group it was trying to insert into a table that doesn't seem to exist)

But, lets take a step back as the errors started with the install (which like the OP I've re-installed multiple times to no avail). Yes, I'm installing the latest version (v 2.6.7), as far as I know.

This is the error I get upon installation on the install page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ....//libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 375

Line 375 of that mysql.php file looks like this:
foreach ($fields as $field)

I imported the articles and that worked just fine. And I attempt to import the users, and that doesn't work so well. Seen on users K2 page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ....//administrator/components/com_k2/views/users/view.html.php on line 130

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ....//administrator/components/com_k2/views/users/tmpl/default.php on line 74

Line 130 of view.html.php looks like this:
foreach ($K2userGroups as $K2userGroup)
and line 74 of default.php looks like this:
<?php	foreach ($this->rows as $key => $row): ?>

So, I head over to the K2 user groups page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ....//administrator/components/com_k2/views/usergroups/tmpl/default.php on line 52

Line 52 of default.php looks like this:
<th class="hidden-phone"><?php echo JHTML::_('grid.sort', 'K2_JOOMLA_GROUP', 'juser.usertype', @$this->lists['order_Dir'], @$this->lists['order'] ); ?></th>

And, when I click through to add a user group I see this (before attempting to add the user group)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ....//libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 383

Line 383 of that mysql.php file looks like this:
foreach ($fields as $field)

If I head in to the php admin I see that indeed, the "j25_k2_user_groups" does not exist. Nor is there a table for the users.

So, how do I create a table for the K2 users & usergroups? I tried simply copying the j25_usergroups table and renaming it to j25_k2_user_groups but that didn't work out.

So, does anyone have any insight? Dave, did you find somehting that worked?

Some possibly relevant information: PHP Version 5.4.24

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

More
10 years 8 months ago #117506 by Bryan Sarauer
I forgot another error seen when I head into the K2 parameters section:

Table 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.j25_k2_user_groups' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id AS value, name AS K2UserGroup FROM j25_k2_user_groups

Bryan

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #117507 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: TableK2UserGroup: :store failed
If the table doesn't exist then something must have gone wrong during installation of K2. Please try to install it again.

More
10 years 8 months ago #117508 by Bryan Sarauer
I just installed 4 more times. Same result. I have uploaded the package to the server and installed from that location, and done the more conventional upload & install, both with the same result. I have downloaded the K2 extension twice now to see if that made a difference. Same result. I'll try again when I get to work to see if my location makes a difference for some reason.
Bryan