Keyword

Brand New to K2 and stuck at the first hurdle

• John Cutliffe
  • John Cutliffe's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117529 by John Cutliffe
Brand New to K2 and stuck at the first hurdle was created by John Cutliffe
Hi all

I am brand new to K2 and am probably missing a very simple concept here. I installed a rockettheme template (Fracture) using Rocketlauncher so it populated all the demo content for me to play around with and get used to the template. I created some content and published and it was fine. I then installed K2 and imported the content. I edited an existing article in K2 and saved and when I refreshed the original page it hadnt changed. I looked at the article id in K2 and it was different (id=37 instead of 36) I changed the direct URL in module I was working from to 37 but it gave me a 404 error.

So I am stuck. I like the look of K2 but is there something simple I am missing? I cant seen to publish content from it to the existing site.

I have read the basic documentation and I dont know where I have missed a step.

Thanks all

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117530 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Brand New to K2 and stuck at the first hurdle
Hello John,

You need to change your menu structure as well to K2 items/cateogories. It is considered a best practice to map all your content in menu items and in Joomla! you can't hack URLs the same way as other CMS's

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.