Keyword

Tricky one. Accordion style items in subcat view

• bartek mazur
  • bartek mazur's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #117578 by bartek mazur
Hello,

after spending quite a few hours and running out of ideas I decided to try luck here.
I've got my k2 items listed in sub-categories. There are no items in categories. Categories are linked to menu items. Then the sub-categories are show to choose from. After choosing a subcategory a user sees a list of k2 items assigned to that sub-category. What I want to achieve is to show these items in accordion style. A tried a few modules, but only GA K2 Accordion Module (together with Modules Anywhere) seems to be working for me.

The problem is I don't know where to place the module. I tried placing it in subcategory description (using module syntax), but this way the module is shown both in sub-category items listing and in category view of parent category, what I don't want to happen.

Any ideas how could I place that accordion module, so that it was shown only in subcategory view?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #117579 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Tricky one. Accordion style items in subcat view
Hello bartek,

That requires some coding on your K2 template. Placing modules outside index.php requires a different syntax.

This post will help you (the snippet is the same): getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/179348-Adding-advert-at-end-of-every-article

This code is quite generic so you can use it in other parts of your template.
PS. Remember to change the module name and module style

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• bartek mazur
More
11 years 1 month ago #117580 by bartek mazur
Replied by bartek mazur on topic Re: Tricky one. Accordion style items in subcat view
Hello Krikor,

thank you for your reply. That is a solution I had been thinking of as well. However creating a custom module position would require assignining that module to selected pages from Main Menu or to all pages, whereas I need to assign it to subcategory view, which is not a part of main menu.
Unless I get it wrong....

• bartek mazur
More
11 years 1 month ago #117581 by bartek mazur
Replied by bartek mazur on topic Re: Tricky one. Accordion style items in subcat view
Solved.