Keyword

K2 table and database connection issues

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117645 by Erin
I had my website up and running about a year ago. Since then, I didn't need it up and let it lapse and the hosting provider doesn't have a backup. Neither do I.

I have two issues.

First, when I go into K2 Parameters I get this error "Table 'fir1323706571321.jos_k2_user_groups' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id AS value, name AS K2UserGroup FROM jos_k2_user_group"

I have verified this table is not there. I don't know why it didn't import when K2 was installed or when Joomla was installed, or how to fix it.

Fixing this first issue may fix the second...

Second issue, nothing in my K2 component shows. When I am on the site the text information is there but the images aren't. This is one of the errors "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/11622650/html/administrator/components/com_k2/views/items/view.html.php".

I am thinking it has something to do with the config.php file not connecting correctly to the K2 data. The site is looking for the images in a cache file and when I drilled down into it there is nothing there. The problem is, with this error I can't even upload an image into K2, or make any edits to the items which are showing.

Here is the url for the page in question: www.firedevildesigns.com/blog.html

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117646 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 table and database connection issues
Hello Erin,

'fir1323706571321.jos_k2_user_groups should be jos_k2_user_groups which I am sure it exists. Make sure your configuration.php file has no issues and you are using the latest versions of K2 and Joomla!

To answer the second question K2's images are located there. Using your FTP you have to check if that folder is empty.

Make sure also that your site has the correct permissions and the /tmp and /logs folders are properly setup.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 1 week ago #117647 by Erin
How do I ensure the /tmp and /logs are set up correctly? I would assume K2 would do this in the installation.

I did some research regarding a public_html folder to set the permissions up. It seems there should be one, so I duplicated all of the files and moved them into the public_html folder. I changed the install directory from this "/home/content/50/11622650/html/tmp" to this "/home/content/50/11622650/public_html/tmp", based on how my other sites which are functioning with K2 are set up. They aren't with godaddy but I would again assume this should be fairly straight forward.

I reinstalled K2 and got these errors:

Thank you for installing K2 by JoomlaWorks, the powerful content extension for Joomla!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/11622650/html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 375

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/11622650/html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 375

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/11622650/html/tmp/install_522f378eee175/script.k2.php on line 226

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/50/11622650/html/tmp/install_522f378eee175/script.k2.php on line 247

How can I get rid of these errors and the ones which are still in the K2 component?