Keyword

[SOLVED] No fulltext in "latest item from category"

• Massimo Di Primio
  • Massimo Di Primio's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #117780 by Massimo Di Primio
[SOLVED] No fulltext in "latest item from category" was created by Massimo Di Primio
On a menu item-type "latest item from category" I'd like to show the full item (not the introtext), but when I click the menu item I can see only the introtext. Only clicking on 'read more' I can view the full article.

1. The item does not contain any <hr id="system-readmore" />
2. Tried with 'Use one editor window for introtext & fulltext' ither Yes and No in parameter-advanced
3. Content Cleanup is set to no everywhere.

what's wrong with this?
I'm using K2_v2.6.7

-- Massix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117781 by Yiota
Hello Massix,

You will have to make a small modification to the latest_item.php file in your K2 overrides.
Read here first if you do not use any. getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

Replace the following:
<?php echo $this->item->introtext; ?>

with
<?php echo $this->item->fulltext; ?>

• Massimo Di Primio
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #117782 by Massimo Di Primio
Replied by Massimo Di Primio on topic Re: No fulltext in "latest item from category"
Hum... it's even worst.
I modified line 62 of file latest_item.php in the folder 'templates/MYTEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/default' and the result is that I don't see any introtext nor the fulltext. Although, I still can see the fulltext by clicking the 'read-more' button.
Any idea?

-- Massix

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117783 by Yiota
Make sure that the show introtext is set to Show.

• Massimo Di Primio
More
11 years 1 month ago #117784 by Massimo Di Primio
Replied by Massimo Di Primio on topic Re: No fulltext in "latest item from category"
Sorry, but still no full text here. Also, I have verified that introtext is set to 'show' everywhere.
The following is the line of code of the files you mentioned above, as modified according with your directives.

<div class="latestItemIntroText"> <?php echo "YYY".$this->item->fulltext; ?> </div>

As you can see I added a 'XXX' string to make sure this branch is executed and I can see that string in the page with no introtext (as expected coz there is no break) and no fulltext.
Any idea?

-- Massix

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117785 by Yiota
I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were using the readmore break.
If you do not use the readmore break in your text then you should leave the <?php echo $this->item->introtext; ?>
This should bring you the exact text you have set in your K2 item with no read more button.
If not please provide a link to your page along with a screenshot of your menu item.

• Massimo Di Primio
More
11 years 1 month ago #117786 by Massimo Di Primio
Alright Yiota, it looks I've found the source of the problem, I'll explain on behalf of all the readers of this useful forum.

The trick is that I'm using the template JSN_BOOT_PRO (by joomlashine) which has a css kinda weird. Infact at line 266 of file templates/jsn_boot_pro/ext/k2/jsn_ext_k2.css there is a block which screws up the k2 article (if it contains some image). The css block is like the following:

div.groupLeading div.itemBody img,
div.groupLeading div.userItemList img,
div.groupLeading div.catItemBody img,
div.groupLeading div.tagItemBody img,
div.groupPrimary div.itemBody img,
div.groupPrimary div.userItemList img,
div.groupPrimary div.catItemBody img,
div.groupPrimary div.tagItemBody img,
div.groupSecondary div.itemBody img,
div.groupSecondary div.userItemList img,
div.groupSecondary div.catItemBody img,
div.groupSecondary div.tagItemBody img,
div.latestItemBody img {
width: 92%;
}

Simply commenting out that piece of css everything looks beautiful (as expected).

Thank you very much for your great support. Without your suggestion and direction I wouldn't be certainly able to find the problem.
Best regards

-- Massix