Keyword

Parent Category and Sub Category in K2 Item Edit F

• Sapan Agarwal
  • Sapan Agarwal's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #117787 by Sapan Agarwal
Hi All,

In the K2 item edit form, we have all the categories and sub categories listed together. Is there a way by which we can have two fields : one for parent category and other one for sub category.

So, when the user selects the parent category, the sub categories are loaded in other field "sub category".

These two fields will be pre-filled when in any item edit form, we have pre selected the category.

With so many categories and sub categories, selecting in one long drop down is difficult. I am sure, someone must have worked on this sometime. I am not expert in php. So, if someone can point me the changes that I would need to do in item edit form, it would be really helpful.

Rgds
Sapan
www.kindheartz.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 day ago #117788 by Alex C.
I am also interested in making these changes, to make it easier for users to choose a Category>Subcategory.

I have been looking through the forums, and what I have found is that through template overrides you may be able to created multiple add item forms with a pre-populated category, however, the details of how to accomplish this still elude me.

Any help from a knowledgeable person out there would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.