Keyword

Page shows full text instead of only intro text

• Suba
  • Suba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117802 by Suba
when retrieving items from multiple categories.

I have categories like Information, General and a few others. I have set all categories to show intro text only in category view mode, and when going to the menu item that points to the category, then all items shows with intro text only. But I have also one page that adds items from both Information, General and other categories. On this page, then the full text is shown in category view mode. I want it to also only show intro text there. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Suba
  • Suba's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 3 weeks ago #117803 by Suba
Nobody knows?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117804 by Karl Stöckl
Replied by Karl Stöckl on topic Re: Page shows full text instead of only intro text
Hi, I have the same question.

I made menus and submenus for my different K2 (Vers. 2.6.7) categories in joomla 3.1.5 . With just one category the text limit and all other settings I made in this category are shown.

But with more than 1 category it´s not possible. Is there a trick to get it to work?

For example:

+ Men | Women
News from these 2 categories - (here I have the problem that I can´t select text intro)
+ Men
Here the the text intro is shown
+Women
Here the text intro is shown

Thank´s for helping,
With kind regards, Karl
Austria

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117805 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: Page shows full text instead of only intro text
I suggest to try configuring the menu items, the K2 menu items have similar options that works in the case of multiple categories like this, and have higher priority than the categories options.

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117806 by Karl Stöckl
Replied by Karl Stöckl on topic Re: Page shows full text instead of only intro text
Hi, Mohammend,
thank´s for your answer. Discovered, that I had a mismatch with my database and the Article and Categories ID´s.

After a complete reinstall wih Joomla 3.1.5, importing the old joomla 1.0.5 articles with SP-UPgrade Tool I got it to work like I wanted.

Greets, Karl