Keyword

Need help with "Error 404 Can not find component"

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117884 by Hans
Hi guys/girls!

I have had contact with a homepage designer that helped us launch a site about a year ago, there was no problem and the site is purly an information site. I can manage to add new items and stuff like that to the page with my novice skills in Joomla and K2.

But trough recent events we had to cut the designer loose(we wanted to update a plug-in that we had to buy again to make the update, but we asked the designer why he didn´t fix the uppdate before the the "free update within one year of purchase". Becuase we raised the question a couple of months before the expire date. So he said that he could buy it for us and make the update and then "regret" the purchase so he got his money back. We didn´t like to be associated with companys that pull cons like that).

ANYHOW!

My problem now is that I have no deeper knowledge about Joomla and K2 and right now I am experience problem with K2 user.

I cant log in anymore with any user, all I get is an ERROR 404 "Can not find Component"

Is there anybody that would like to give me there time to help me? I have tried to do my homework and read alot of tutorials and on communitys but don´t understand what people are talking about :(

Thanks alot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117885 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Need help with "Error 404 Can not find component"
Hello Hans,

Good for you! Only a few people work like that.

You can try reinstating a backup. Your hosting provided should have backups and your data loss could be minimal.

The other way is trying manually to fix the issue.

I cant log in anymore with any user, all I get is an ERROR 404 "Can not find Component"

You mean the adminstrator section, right? Also the 404 error is not nice in the admin area, especcialy if you have Super Admin credentials.

If you can navigate through the backend I highly suggest you upgrade/reinstall K2 and update your Joomla! installation.

PS. ALWAYS backup first.

Let me know how it goes.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117886 by olsen
Hi Hans,
Do what Krikor say and if you still having issues contact me and i will try to help you

rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117887 by Hans
Thank you both! i will do a backup and the try to do what you suggested :)