Keyword

Templating content within an article

• Robbie Forsyth
  • Robbie Forsyth's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117904 by Robbie Forsyth
Templating content within an article was created by Robbie Forsyth
Hi guys,

Having a bit of an issue and thought I'd see if anyone had any bright ideas.

Our website provides match reports, for youth football, e.g: www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/component/k2/item/7516-ferry-snatch-point-in-hard-fought-draw

As we have lots of authors with no real technical expertise, we created a template with HTML (what you see on the previous link, we used this: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/coding-a-scripts-integration/code-snippets/7152) containing lots of nicely laid out tables for them to write directly into. However, practically every time they mess up the formatting. Tables get shifted, fonts change, alignment changes. We've laid everything out step by step, but it does no good. They are journalists who are passionate about writing, and have no real concept of web presentation on the most part. They all have different browsers, different types of computer and different issues. And there is that much content coming through, we really don't have the time to do all of the publishing work in house.

So a dream come true for us would be something in which you type into a set of text boxes (e.g. main body of the report in one box, line ups in another box, man of the match in another, etc) and it automatically transferred it into the content area in the correct place. Does this type of template system exist (even if it was outside of Joomla and we could just copy and paste the HTML code in, that would do)? And if not, do you have any other ideas to solve our problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117905 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Templating content within an article
Hello Robbie,

This can be achieved but it requires some coding. You can set all these values as extrafields and then use the snippet in the link to hardcode the extralinks directly on your template.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/171284-Where-to-edit-K2-after-Item-Fields

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #117906 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: Templating content within an article
Hi,
What Krikor say its a good way to have a standard input format for users, and then do the style trough the template.

If you dont know how to make the style layout pls contact me.

thnks

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details