Keyword

Enabling SEF URLS gives 404 error with FrontEnd Ed

• Sapan Agarwal
  • Sapan Agarwal's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117967 by Sapan Agarwal
Hi All,

Since I have enabled the SEF URLs, I am unable to add new item in any category from the frontend. It always gives me 404 error. If I disable the SEF urls, things work fine.

I am unable to understand how to rectify this error. I do want SEF URLs.

Is there any fix or workaround available for this?

RGds
Sapan
www.kindheartz.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117968 by Manos Krokos
I have the same problem. Whenever I enable SEF URLs I get a page not found error when I try to add item as user from frontend. Without SEF URLs, everything works fine

Joomla 2.5.14

More
11 years 6 days ago #117969 by Michael Perez
Replied by Michael Perez on topic Re: Enabling SEF URLS gives 404 error with FrontEnd Ed
Login to the Admin Panel and go to Components > K2. Click the Parameters button. Select the Advanced tab then scroll down to the SEO section. Set the "Enable advanced SEF for K2 URLs" option to "No" then save your settings. Refresh the front end and try adding the item again. It should allow you to add items now.

This information is based on K2 v2.6.7.

More
11 years 6 days ago #117970 by Michela Gualtieri
Replied by Michela Gualtieri on topic Re: Enabling SEF URLS gives 404 error with FrontEnd Ed
Hi! I had the same problem and fixed it following the suggestion. BUT this means that the links existing on other sites and going to my articles don't work anymore, because urls changed (I've tried myself).
How can I fix this?
Thank you for the help!