Keyword

K2 User Profile Description: Encoding Problems Spe

• spherics
  • spherics's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #118322 by spherics
Hello to everybody,

I am not too experienced with Joomla or K2, coding and so on, but try to get forward step by step. I have launched a multilingual site, that uses K2 and the Plugin User Extended Fields for K2. So far it seems to be the same that is used here (getk2.org) in the registration process. At my site users can edit their profile via frontend. And this is where I have problems:

The special characters and line changes in the user profile description and in the additional fields are not stored properly. There appear chars like "ü" instead of "ü" and a "Â" instead of a line break.

This happens in every language when the user profile is edited or resaved from the frontend. When I change the text in the backend everything is fine (until the profile is saved again in the frontend).

I've checked the coding in the SQL library. It is a utf8_general_ci text and should be the proper setting, so far I could find out yet.

Does anyone have an idea where this bug might come from? If this comes from any code, which file should I check or change? Or is it located in SQL library settings?

Joomla: 2.5.9
K2: 2.6.3

I will be grateful for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spherics
  • spherics's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #118323 by spherics
Has anybody an idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.