Keyword

How to retain com_content title alias in import?

• Dawn of the Phoenix
  • Dawn of the Phoenix's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #118509 by Dawn of the Phoenix
How to retain com_content title alias in import? was created by Dawn of the Phoenix
Hey all,

I just set up a new J2.5 install and have successfully migrated all of my data over from J1.5. Once everything was natively migrated, I installed K2 and began configuring it. Unfortunately, it seems that when I used the 'import' function that ships with K2, all the article title aliases were stripped and renamed under K2. Here's what happened:
  • Article title: "Weekend Hardware Sales - $180 2GB 660, $50 700W PSU, $5 System Screw Kit"
  • Old article alias: weekend-hardware-sales-660-psu-screws
  • Imported article alias: weekend-hardware-sales-180-2gb-660-50-700w-psu-5-system-screw-kit

I don't think I need to tell you why this is a bad thing. For starters, I've got more than 1100 articles, so this breaks all of our links... is it possible to retain the original article alias upon import? And if not, is there a script I can run to remedy the issue by overwriting the new aliases with the old?

I have SH404SEF installed and configured properly. When I go to the Joomla article manager, the content has the correct aliases. When I go to the K2 manager, the items have adopted the title as the alias (incorrectly).

Let me know how I can fix this! Cheers!
- Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dawn of the Phoenix
  • Dawn of the Phoenix's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #118510 by Dawn of the Phoenix
Replied by Dawn of the Phoenix on topic Re: How to retain com_content title alias in import?
Never mind. I hired a programmer to write a script that resolves this. You can find his site over here , I'm sure he'd be happy to sell you the script.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.