Keyword

Disabling K2 System plugin breaks site

• dotted i
  • dotted i's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #118521 by dotted i
Disabling K2 System plugin breaks site was created by dotted i
This is a curious problem. I have a site in which I'd installed k2 (Joomla 3.1+ and Yoo template), but we decided after the fact that it would be better to use joomla's core content system. Yesterday I did a full backup, then disabled all k2 extensions. This broke the public site - all, absolutely all content under the main menu, went away on all pages, not just article/content pages.

I backtracked and found that it is the "K2 System" plugin that is causing the problem. Disabling everything else k2 related including k2 administrator caused no problems. Ideas please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #118522 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Disabling K2 System plugin breaks site
Did you also changed all menu items to point to com_content pages and not K2's?

• dotted i
More
11 years 1 week ago #118523 by dotted i
Replied by dotted i on topic Re: Disabling K2 System plugin breaks site
Yes, and like I said, this affects all pages including those pointing to non article pages like Contact Enhanced (com_contactenhanced). I have removed all trashed menu items as well, no remnants.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118524 by Enrique Hernandez
Replied by Enrique Hernandez on topic Re: Disabling K2 System plugin breaks site
Any news in that, i have the same problem...besides, unpublishing K2 system plugin breaks also the look of the site, the sidebars dissapears

• dotted i
More
10 years 10 months ago #118525 by dotted i
Replied by dotted i on topic Re: Disabling K2 System plugin breaks site
No, in my case and with the site that I was working on, this last feather was the one that broke the camel's back. The horrible combination of K2 JavaScript and CSS overload combined with core Joomla JavaScript and CSS was teetering before this last problem occurred.

I not only dropped K2 but also dropped Joomla and created a custom CMS to manage the highly structured data administration which I'd hoped that K2 extra fields could handle. Public pages also now load fast without employing various Joomla performance steroids.