Keyword

Change K2 Image Path - Main website vs sub-domains

• Frank van Driel
  • Frank van Driel's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #118533 by Frank van Driel
I'm not new to K2 and I know this issue is quite sophisticated. It should be marked as a non-standard question whereas the solution probably needs a core-hack. However, still I wonder whether somebody can help me.

I've got three Joomla websites, one installed at the public_html map, two installed in sub-folders (as sub-domains). With an extension of Alterbrains, I've already successfully managed to handle all K2 items, categories etc. for all three websites in just one database.

Now just one problem exist. The K2 images are placed into media/k2/items/cache, as normal. Images at the sub-folders (sub-domains) are pointed to /subfolder/media/k2/items/cache, however, this maps is empty as a consequence of the shared database.

In my view, for my two sub-domains I need to change to path for K2 images. I want to point the path to the media folder in the public_html, the one of the main website. I already found where to change this: components\com_k2\models\item.php.

Is this possible, if yes, which steps do I need to take?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Frank van Driel
  • Frank van Driel's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #118534 by Frank van Driel
Replied by Frank van Driel on topic Re: Change K2 Image Path - Main website vs sub-domains
Another way to make this work might to add additional codes components\com_k2\models\item.php. which also write cache images to the /subfolder/media/k2/items/cache?

Who think this will work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.