Keyword

Media (TAB) files aren't updating

• Ryan Scott Jones
  • Ryan Scott Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #118710 by Ryan Scott Jones
Media (TAB) files aren't updating was created by Ryan Scott Jones
Greetings!

At work, we use an internal LAN to host a webpage for our media projects. We create a new K2 Item and load an MP4 under the media tab. When we have changes, we replace the MP4 under the Media Tab. The only problem is the browser still thinks the old file is the most recent and plays the old file. I have to manually clear my browser cache and tell the client to clear their browser cache in order to play the most recent uploaded MP4.

Is there a setting I'm not seeing for replacing files in the Media Tab? Or clearing our K2's cache settings?

Thx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 1 week ago #118711 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Media (TAB) files aren't updating
In order to avoid caching problems you could consider uploading the newest video with a different name instead of replacing it.
Another option would be to clean the site's cache through the option Site -> Maintenance -> Clear Cache for !J2.5 or System -> Clear Cache for !J3.x

• Ryan Scott Jones
  • Ryan Scott Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #118712 by Ryan Scott Jones
Replied by Ryan Scott Jones on topic Re: Media (TAB) files aren't updating
Well the problem is when you click the Media tab and Browse for another video that's a different name, it uploads it and replaces the (eg. 25.MP4) with the newest video and renames it to 25.MP4. It stores the data under site>media>k2. I was just curious if there is a way to configure K2 to managing the files differently.

Option 2 would be to upload the videos and use AllVideos tags {mp4} etc but that's an extra step for non-web friendly people.