Keyword

create content out of different "content"-fields

More
11 years 2 days ago #118916 by Tony
Hello K2-Community!

I'm new to K2 and i was asking myself whether it is possible to create the content of an item out of multiple "content"-fields. Usually there is only on content field and you can add extra fields in K2. But these extra fields are are displayed usually below the "content" and displayed as a lookalike-table by default. I think it is possible to change this look using css and template overrides, but does there exist an easier way? My aim is to get an easy maintainable (for users) and structured content. A typical item should consist of two content parts: Main Content and an extra Content (lets say "Information" as a heading). An authorized User should be able to edit these two contents but should not be able to change the second Contents heading.

It would be a pleasure if someone could give me suggestions to solve this.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 2 days ago #118917 by Yiota
Hello,

You will use, as you said, the Main content (introtext-fulltext) and for the rest the ExtraFields.
There you will have to setup your extrafields as follows:

1-> Type Header ->This heading will appear as heading in the extrafields tab and you cannot edit it from there.
2 -> All other extra field types and choose whether or not you would like them to be required or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.