Keyword

Is it possible to migrate data between sites?

More
10 years 11 months ago #118932 by Frank
Hello,
I have a website that I've got about 50% developed and the client all of the sudden found a new template they like more. The problem is that it is from a template club and to keep from having to figure everything out I wanted to use the install they provide with all the goodies already in and working.

Is there are way to migrate the data from K2 from the one site into the other? Like all the Categories and Items is what I'm curios about right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago #118933 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: Is it possible to migrate data between sites?
I think it is as easy as exporting/importing K2 tables between the databases, and copying/synchronizing the contents of folder media/k2/

Although, you need special care of users if there are users created on the old site.

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

More
10 years 4 months ago #118934 by Coptechs
Frank- Did you ever do as suggested? I'm curious to know how it went.

More
10 years 4 months ago #118935 by Lefteris
@Brian

Mohamed Abdelaziz is totally right. As long as you have the same versions of Joomla! and K2 in both sites then you just have to copy the K2 database tables from one database to the other. After that copy also the media/k2 directory and everything should work fine. Note that this refers to K2 only. Menus and modules will have to be created again.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)