Keyword

K2 Tag List / Nesting

More
11 years 19 hours ago #118958 by Fred
K2 Tag List / Nesting was created by Fred
Hi,

I have a menu that is set to display a pre-defined K2 TAG. When the results are displayed some of the individual TAG items are nested with a sight indent instead of being displayed as individual DIVs. Here's an image to illustrate.

The styling helps to see the issue, but the problem exists even without any styling applied. What I've found thus far is that the nesting only happens when the K2 story contains both introtext and fulltext with the system-readmore HR enclosed within a DIV. When the system-readmore HR isn't enclosed within a DIV, the TAG items are displayed as individual, non-nested DIVs. When the system-readmore HR is included within either a DIV that is part of the introtext or fulltext, or in a DIV by itself, the nesting occurs.

I've not modified any of the K2 core files. The system readmore HR doesn't show up in the TAG list on the frontend. It's only present in the editor when preparing the story. When looking at the source code in the editor, if it appears as "DIV OPEN horz rule id="system-readmore" DIV CLOSED", the TAG list on the frontend is nested. If there are no DIVs enclosing it, the TAG display appears correctly.

I discovered this by installing a fresh/new JAmero templete installation on my localhost system. I've also tried this with multiple editors and browser, getting the same results with each. With ?template=system appended to the site URL, I get a plain listing without any sign of nesting.

Since the system-readmore doesn't appear in the output, any suggestions on how to locate where/how to find what's causing the nesting when the template is applied? I'm testing with a new install of the JAmero template without any modifications changes to the css, etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
11 years 45 minutes ago #118959 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: K2 Tag List / Nesting
It seems that something doesn't close properly to have this result. You need to clean your content up in these items in order to avoid div's not closing properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.