Keyword

K2 site URLs

• BrethrenArchives.Com
  • BrethrenArchives.Com's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119164 by BrethrenArchives.Com
K2 site URLs was created by BrethrenArchives.Com
Here is a link on my site. This link, and others, that are K2 items and categories, inadvertently are using dates as part of the URL. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, a Google search using the string "potsdam congregation" returns some incorrect records. In the list my site is the second thru fourth hits. Only the third item is correct. The second and fourth items, while they have the correct title and take you to the correct K2 item, have the wrong metadata. And I checked and rechecked the "The History... of the Potsdam Congregation" K2 category; and it has the correct metadata.

I'm confused and could sure use some help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119165 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 site URLs
Hello Wayne,

These link formats are generated because you are using menu item aliases as your parent menu. You can try manually try editing that menu item's alias.

Also the menu item's metadata will override the ones of your category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• BrethrenArchives.Com
  • BrethrenArchives.Com's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119166 by BrethrenArchives.Com
Replied by BrethrenArchives.Com on topic Re: K2 site URLs
Morning Krikor,

First, thank you kindly for the reply. Second, I already thought of both scenarios. I have checked the alias of all items concerned and they are correct.

The menu item's title is "Potsdam Congregation," the alias is "postdam-congregation," and the metadata description is exactly the same as the first article. I copied the metadata from the article and pasted it directly into the menu item's metadata.

Now to the K2 category. The title is "The History… of the Potsdam Congregation" and the alias is "the-history-of-the-potsdam-congregation." Again, the metadata is copied directly from the first article of the category. The category is set to not inherit and parameters. But, the Google search routine is picking up the category. How do I know? Because when is do the search "potsdam congregation" it picks up a url with "73" in it. That is the K2 category ID.

Here is what is occurring. The parent K2 category of "The History… of the Potsdam Congregation" is "Ohio." The Google link that is picked up with the "73" in it is the parent Ohio category (ID 72) with its metadata description. That is odd.

Here is something even odder. If I click into the "73" link offered by Google it takes me to the Potsdam Congregation article. That is just fine. But, the breadcrumb is wrong. The breadcrumb should be Home > Congregations > Potsdam Congregation. Instead it is something totally different.

This has me totally stumped and I will gladly let you in to the back end if you think that would help. Maybe I am not seeing the trees for the forest. :P And that does not even begin to address to usage of the category date as being part of the URL of either article. The date and time for all my articles is showing up in the URL.

Cordially,
A. Wayne Webb