Keyword

K2 requiring gender before comment form displays

• Brian Baldwin
  • Brian Baldwin's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119171 by Brian Baldwin
Everything is working great using K2. However, after spending hours researching this issue - I find that comment form on articles does not show up for registered users "unless" they have gender male or female selected in their profile. This is a problem since I am using a Facebook register module that creates the user - but they dont fill in that blank option. The register module is working great at creating or having the user registered as a K2 user just fine. But the gender is not filled in so registered users cannot see the comments form.

If I select everyone can comment - they it shows up either way, but I cant have non registered users commenting.

Any way to remove the requirement to have gender set before being able to comment?
Or does anyone know of a Facebook login component that will look at gender and set it?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119172 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 requiring gender before comment form displays
Hello Brian,

I suggest you take a look at SocialConnect: www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial-premium/socialconnect . This is what we are using at this site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.