Keyword

K2_items database table constantly crashing site

• Peter Sorensen
  • Peter Sorensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119177 by Peter Sorensen
K2_items database table constantly crashing site was created by Peter Sorensen
It seems like at least bi-weekly there is something that crashes the k2_items table, which then causes our site to get stuck in a 503 error and we have to go into phpmyadmin and repair the table before the site comes back online.

Does this happen for anyone else? Is there a glitch or something we're doing that is causing that table to crash so often? Is there an item limit or a known issue that I could look into?

We love using K2 and most of our content is built around it but we can't keep repairing the table over and over again. Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119178 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2_items database table constantly crashing site
Hello Peter,

Are you using any other components? Is your server configuration correct? It can be caused due a number of reasons? Are you sure you are not just having an unexpected amount of traffic?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Peter Sorensen
  • Peter Sorensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119179 by Peter Sorensen
Replied by Peter Sorensen on topic Re: K2_items database table constantly crashing site
Server Configuration looks to be correct, we're using sh404SEF and Kunena Forum but I don't think either of those should affect K2.

Would an unexpected amount of traffic crash the table? We get daily traffic but I don't think a large enough amount at any given time to crash that table constantly. The site owner mentioned that it seems to crash after posting the link to Twitter... maybe that has something to do with it? A rush of people after it goes up on Twitter that is crashing the table? Is there a setting or way to prevent this from happening?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119180 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2_items database table constantly crashing site
Since web hosting is a delicate issue, I suggest you take a look at your server analytics and error logs.

And a spike in traffic can affect mySQL and if it crashes (due to traffic) it can lock tables. Since this is a widely used table (when users from Twitter are browsing the item) this can be the table that is locked.

To be perfectly honest I suggest you have your hosting provider take a look at this, report any possible spikes in traffic and check the server load. Maybe the VPS you have chosen does not fit your needs.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)