Keyword

Existing Joomla content does not connect with K2

• Michael
  • Michael's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119181 by Michael
Hi, I am a brand new k2 user. I created a category and a couple of articles in k2. What I have noticed was none of my existing content is showing in K2. My joomla created categories do not show in the K2 category drop down. I also cannot use the menus to find and link to my k2 created category (and 2 articles.

I have maybe 20 articles and 10 categories created in the core Joomla interface. I also have 2 menus with maybe 8 menus items. K2 does not see the joomla content. Joomla in turn does not see the K2 created content.

Am I going about in the wrong way? Is the documentation to better show how to set this all up? I did check in the extension manager and all K2 items are enabled,

Thank you for all your help!
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119182 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Existing Joomla content does not connect with K2
Michael,

K2 is a replacement to the default article system. It is designed to work this way.
These videos will help you understand K2.

getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #119183 by frost
I was wondering the same thing. The issue I have with the inability of K2 to see the Joomla categories and articles is the limiting direction a site must take. You either have to embrace Joomla, or embrace K2 and if for some reason down the road you decide that you want to go another direction you have to recreate everything since Joomla and K2 are so disconnected.

Having the ability to see and use categories and articles from both Joomla and K2 in the K2 components would be great.