Keyword

Show Items w/Extra Fields as category 'table'

• Geoff Dutch
  • Geoff Dutch's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #119286 by Geoff Dutch
I would like to show a list of items ('events') in a category view from a menu item.

In this list we will have the item-title, plus a number of 'extra fields' (but not all) of them. Any entry in the list will be a hyperlink to its item

The contents of the list will be sorted by an 'extra field', and also filtered (ie only show future events).

What/where/how template file(s) do i need to customisze to achieve this end result ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119287 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Show Items w/Extra Fields as category 'table'
Hello Geoff,

This requires some coding, nothing difficult though. You have to edit the item.php file and the category_item.php if you want these fields shown there as well.

You can find more info on overriding here: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

The snippet for rendering specific extrafields can be found here:
getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/171284-Where-to-edit-K2-after-Item-Fields

For sorting the table multiple jQuery are available.

For the tricky part of filtering the items via extrafields you will have to look at the JED or the extend K2 section of this site for an extension.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #119288 by laweffect
Is there any more information on this? I've been looking around the forums, but am struggling as to know where to start. I'm fine with HTML and CSS, but PHP is not my strongest.

More
10 years 10 months ago #119289 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Re: Show Items w/Extra Fields as category 'table'
If this helps, here is my method to display K2 extra fields in a list format.

www.modernmagic.com/blog/joomla-technical-support/k2-table-like-list-in-category-view.html