Keyword

Register Error with FB / G+ and enabled K2 User

• webloesung
  • webloesung's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119905 by webloesung
Register Error with FB / G+ and enabled K2 User plg witCapcha.

Hello,

Versions of used sources: JFBConnect 5.1.2 , Joomla! 3.1.5 , K2 v2.6.7

Configuration done:
capcha enabled on K2 level ( only K2 and recapcha plugin) JFBConnect set to Autom. Registration => works for Joomla / K2 / JFBConnect standard user registration and K2 comments creation.

Error use case:
1. a new user is using the SC Login FB button, logging in with FB account,
2. getting popup message "You are now being logged in using your Facebook credentials."
3. the page redirects to .. /?option=com_users&view=registration
4. Error is showed: "The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again."
for G+ try steps 2 is missing, same error.

As soon as i disable the plugin "User - K2", everything works for the use case stated above correctly. Msg: "Facebook profile successfully connected." and so on.
BUT in this case there is no link between created user and K2 Group -> what is "must have" for our site.
We have to use capcha and also asignment of K2 user group directly with registration on the site (as actually working without FB registration)

Thank you in advance for any hint.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• webloesung
More
10 years 11 months ago #119906 by webloesung
Hello!
i am running out of ideas how to fix it! already tried varios scenario and came to nothing. Also on the forum of JFBConnect there is no idea how to fix it.

did now the following:
- K2 login module extended by having JFBConnect buttons
- Full registration mode is enabled

Strange is the following:
by trying to register via FB button, joomla redirects to ...component/jfbconnect/?view=loginregister&provider=facebook&return=L...
with fields to be filled but without capcha
after entering the data for a new user to be registered - page redirects to index.php?option=com_users&view=registration and shows same error message as for wrong capcha entry.

I need your support! how to deal with it? i cannnot imagine that all of your customers who uses your component with K2 have no capcha active for a new user registration!

Thank you in advance

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119907 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Register Error with FB / G+ and enabled K2 User
Does JFBConnect support K2 users as well?

Also make sure you have correctly set up your captcha settings.
Please follow the instructions in this post to make sure all your setting are correct.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/10508-Re-reCaptcha-not-working

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• webloesung
More
10 years 11 months ago #119908 by webloesung
Hello,
capcha set up is correct. normal k2 registration, k2 posting comments both with capcha are working without any problem.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119909 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Register Error with FB / G+ and enabled K2 User
You have to ask if JFBConnect supports K2. There might have a plugin for K2 integration.

It says here: www.sourcecoast.com/jfbconnect/features/3rd-party-integration/ that is supports K2 integration so you have to ask their support if there is a different workflow regarding captchas and user registration.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• webloesung
More
10 years 11 months ago #119910 by webloesung
Hello Krikor,
thank you for an input.
i am already on the forum of JFBConnect with this issue. (www.sourcecoast.com/forums/jfbconnect/jfbconnect-joomla-3x-support/7434-register-error-with-fb-/-g-and-enabled-k2-user-plg-witcapcha)

They replied that it they cannot realize the matter of the issue due to the K2-Core Joomla capcha issue i have:
capcha is not working at all on K2 registration page in case i have CORE capcha enabled (and K2 capcha (with set keys) enabled as well - i have seen already this issue discussed on this forum and followed the hints how to fix it).
However the forum of JFBConnect requiesting to have CORE capcha enabled -> so this is not working for me then for any registration scenario, with or without FB/G+ users ... :(

No i have no idea how to deal with the issue.

Registration is working fine with the settings on the site. The issue is only when a new guest is trying to login via FB / G+ buttons and is not found as a registered user on the site - redirects to register page of a component, there no capcha (due to disabled CORE capcha settings) - users enetrs the data again, trying to register, gets error and again redirects to the register page (already of K2).....

Thank you for any hint

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119911 by Krikor Boghossian
This is actually a big issue.

I can point you to another solution however. Create an Akismet key and use Akismet as your antispam protection for K2.

PS. If your site is not in English make sure Akismet also supports your native language.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• webloesung
More
10 years 11 months ago #119912 by webloesung
Hello Krikor,
look what i have got as a reply on JFBConnect Forum:
"
It sounds like the K2 captcha is firing off on any registration attempt. Not just ones that come from the Joomla registration page. That's not something we can correct as that's overreach and false assumptions on their part. Again, JFBConnect does work with the built-in Joomla captcha system, which correctly ensures that a new user registering has actually seen the captcha. I'd recommend switching to the Joomla captcha system and disabling the K2 captcha settings and/or contacting K2 to let them know that they shouldn't be checking captcha when alternate registration flows are being used.

I hope that helps explain. There's not too much we can do for you here since this is a bug in K2. Hopefully the alternative option above will work for you.
"

since usage of Aksimet Key is not acceptable for my site due to different reasons, maybe you can give me a hint where i can do a change in order to "shouldn't be checking captcha when alternate registration flows are being used." using K2 login/register and K2 capcha .

Thank you!