Keyword

New Item Image Cache Issue

• David Brooks
  • David Brooks's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #120087 by David Brooks
New Item Image Cache Issue was created by David Brooks
Hi

I built a Joomla 3.1.5 website with K2 2.6.7 for a friend of mine. The Joomla cache is enabled (progressive, with 15 min cache time). In the htaccess file I have set the default expiration time to 1 hour.

The issue that we are having is that if we create an item in K2 and give it an image then all is fine. If we then change this image to another one and then navigate back to the page then the old image remains there. In order to see the new image we have to refresh the page. I know that this seems like a 'nothing' issue but we shouldn't be expecting our customers be be refreshing the page on the off chance that the item image has changed.

My main question is; would clearing the cache in Joomla fix this issue? Perhaps this is a browser cache issue?

I don't know enough about how these images are cached to make a judgement so I was hoping there would be some clever people out there who would know the answer.

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #120088 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: New Item Image Cache Issue
This is a browser cache issue. You can try renaming the image before uploading so this way you can force a new filename for it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.