Keyword

Problems with Bootstrap.css and K2...

• Anthony
  • Anthony's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #120090 by Anthony
Problems with Bootstrap.css and K2... was created by Anthony
Hi there, I have a rockettheme template and K2 is working perfectly with roksprocket and everything else, but for some reason it won't recognise the css for tables in bootstrap.css

The CSS codes for the table I'm trying to use is found in bootstrap.css, and the html is here:
demo.rockettheme.com/joomla/corvus/features/typography under the 'DEFAULT BUTTONS' section) and appears with the correct classes, but when I save it via K2, it turns out like this: i.imgur.com/qcuuPts.png

This makes me believe K2 isn't recognising the css... Is there any way to make K2 compatible with bootstrap.css? I have limited coding knowledge but I'm able to understand most concepts

Thanks for any help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #120091 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Problems with Bootstrap.css and K2...
The background colour you are seeing in the demo page is inherited from the template's stylesheet not Bootstrap.

PS. Your template's stylesheet since you are probably not using K2's default CSS is possible that overrides certain aspects of Bootstrap.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #120092 by Colin Walls
Replied by Colin Walls on topic Re: Problems with Bootstrap.css and K2...
I too have a problem with a Rocket Theme template (Hexeris) and K2.

I am using the mechanism that RT provide for using custom CSS within their themes but I am not getting the styling I expect. It would seem that a part of their CSS file for K2 (thirdparty-k2.css) has an overly broad selector, i.e.
/* K2 Registration Form */
body {
  #k2Container table {
    tr, th, td {
      background: none !important;
      border: 0 !important;
    }

which will obviously affect any table in the container. It looks as though there is a missing selector between the "#k2Container" and "table".

I am also having problems with their typography on a page where I am using tables with the css classes "table table-striped", again this is being overridden by their K2 CSS file. The problem is slightly different and I haven't managed to determine its root cause as yet.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120093 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Problems with Bootstrap.css and K2...
For commercial template issues which use their own k2.css you should ask the template developer.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #120094 by Colin Walls
Accepted, and I have raised it with Rocket Theme.

I was posting here mainly for information .

The question does arise though, is there a "standard" set of CSS directives for K2 that one could check the RT K2 CSS against?

More
10 years 10 months ago #120095 by Colin Walls
As I have said below it appears that the selector in the CSS file used for K2 styling by Rocket Theme is too wide.

I have fixed this by commenting out the K2 Registration Form section of the CSS. Because RT compile the CSS file you have to alter the thirdparty-k2.less file in the "less" directory of the template. This will then be recompiled and placed in the "css-compiled" directory when you do a save on the template.