Keyword

[SOLVED] Can't change items ordering in category layout

• vijayanand madheswaran
  • vijayanand madheswaran's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120331 by vijayanand madheswaran
[SOLVED] Can't change items ordering in category layout was created by vijayanand madheswaran
Hi Team , i have a problem in k2 category layout settings, i have created 6 k2 items . and then set my layout grid as
Leading count=6
Columns for leading=3
after set up this i check my page its not displaying like what i assign in backend :(
can any one help me to over come this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #120332 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Can't change items ordering in category layout
Make sure your category is not inheriting its settings form another category.
If your are using a menu item towards multiple categories, then you should edit the menu item's settings.

Finally if none of these resolve your issue, use the system or default template to check the issue. If you cannot see the issue, this means there is an error in your template's overrides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• vijayanand madheswaran
More
10 years 10 months ago #120333 by vijayanand madheswaran
Replied by vijayanand madheswaran on topic Re: Can't change items ordering in category layout
Thanks Krikor Boghossian ,yeah i have done some mistakes in my override.

More
10 years 3 months ago #120334 by vanessa
Hello

I am having a similar issue. I have 3 items under a specific category, with the leading count set to 4 (under the category settings) but only one item is showing. I don't see any settings in my template manager, but I do see settings under the Menu item. However, the leading count is 2 and when I try to change it, my arrow turns to a white circle with a line through it and I can't edit any of the fields.

new.novemberraincharters.com/index.php/fishing-reports/2014-reports

Thank you

• vijayanand madheswaran
More
10 years 3 months ago #120335 by vijayanand madheswaran
Replied by vijayanand madheswaran on topic Re: Can't change items ordering in category layout
Check your Inherit parameter options from category, if it is assigned to any other category change to none

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #120336 by vanessa
Yes, thank you, I did check to to make sure it was not inheriting settings from another category and it is not.

UPDATE/ SOLUTION: I had initially removed <hr id="system-readmore" > from my most recent item (I have my items ordered by most recent to oldest, so my most recent item was the first one listed) because my blogs were short and I wanted them to all be displayed in their entirety on one page. That is was caused the other 2 items to not show up. I know this because I just happened to add <hr id="system-readmore" > back in to the most recent item and the other 2 items appeared underneath.

And I just realized that you can hide 'read more' under the Category settings without affecting the subsequent articles, so I left the 'read more' div in my first item and just changed the Category settings to hide it. Now the blog appears and works like it should. I just need to hide the title links under the settings so you can't click through inadvertently.

thank you
Attachments: