Keyword

Featured image showing up

• Jim Sharp
  • Jim Sharp's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #120379 by Jim Sharp
Featured image showing up was created by Jim Sharp
I've chosen "hide" at the item view level and category level.

The featured image is still showing up on the home page.

anantajiva.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #120380 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Featured image showing up
Hello Jim,

You can try a different approach.

1) Make sure this category is not inheriting its settings from another category
2) Edit your overrides and remove the itemIsFeatured class.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120381 by mangopango
Replied by mangopango on topic Re: Featured image showing up
I get the same issue and all fixes mentioned haven't worked for me at all. I'm running 2.6.7 K2 against Joomla 3.2.0 and it's driving me mad. My category is the parent called Home. I've set the featured to "Hide" under the category and I've also done the following:

1. changed the featuredItem.png to a transparent image
2. Changed the below div entries for the Featured flag in K2.css below this line
/* --- Featured flags: the classes are repeated further below to indicate placement in the CSS structure --- */
div.itemIsFeatured,
div.catItemIsFeatured,
div.itemIsFeatured {background:none;}
3. In item.php for article view. category_item.php is for items displayed in category view.

<div id="k2Container" class="itemView<?php echo ($this->item->featured) ? ' itemIsFeatured' : ''; ?><?php if($this->item->params->get('pageclass_sfx')) echo ' '.$this->item->params->get('pageclass_sfx'); ?>">

Change to :

<div id="k2Container" class="itemView">

I've also cleared all expired cache from the site and cookies/history from my browsers (using both chrome and IE).

I've also noticed that this problem is in the last few versions of K2 since 2011 and to me it's a bug. why isn't this fixed yet so that from the front-end it should behave as it should? I've also noticed it only happens when you want to use K2 categories under menu item and inherits the order from its category correctly.

If I choose "Latest Items from users/categories" in Menu Item the "Featured" ribbon works correctly. But then I have a whole lot of fun trying to order the items - it totally ignores how it's set under it's category or item.

So what am I missing here please.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120382 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Featured image showing up
The "Latest Items from users/categories" sorts the items exactly how it states, by latest. It does not inherit any of the category's options. There are options to set for this specific menu item type through the menu item itself.