Keyword

[SOLVED] Problem with links and module positions on k2

• Soundific Rep
  • Soundific Rep's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120544 by Soundific Rep
I have a site with several k2 items. When i locate an item from the menus i can go there and on the right side of my page I have all the correct modules of the site.

This site has a front page that featured items are being posted. When i click on an item link from that page , site goes to the item i want but the modules on the right side do not exist.

I have noticed differences on urls

first case : soundific.com/index.php/categories/music/item/541-modern-loop#.UoNLqI0mzn0

second case: soundific.com/index.php/component/k2/item/541-modern-loop#.UoNL4o0mzn0

why is this happening and how can i resolve this ?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120545 by Yiota
This is happening because no menu item is found for the specific item's category page. You need to create menu items, even hidden if you don't want to show them in your site, and assign the modules accordingly.

• Soundific Rep
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120546 by Soundific Rep
Replied by Soundific Rep on topic Re: Problem with links and module positions on k2
It is not clear what i should do. I have categories and 3 subcategories on menu items, i do not have all the subcategories assigned to menus. there are 50 subcategories.

Do you mean i have to make a menu item for each one ?

I went to Dummy menu created a 'front' menu which points to the categories i am interesting in showing on the front page of the site and then assigned the correct modules to this menu item. Still the items showing on the front page did not change. What should i do to related the created items with the dummy menu ?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120547 by Yiota
Where should I click in your site to check this out?

• Soundific Rep
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120548 by Soundific Rep
Replied by Soundific Rep on topic Re: Problem with links and module positions on k2
on the links i gave above , the first one is if you go to menu category / music / electronic/action pack vol1.1

and the other one if you click on a front for example on Action pack vol1.1 in the middle of the screen to the left

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120549 by Yiota
This specific item already belongs to

CATEGORIES/ MUSIC/ ELECTRONIC/

which of the above has a menu link to a category?

• Soundific Rep
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120550 by Soundific Rep
this item on the fron page of the site soundific.com/index.php/component/k2/item/365-action-pack-vol1-tr1

is the same item with this that you can see going through the menus categories/music/electronic/action pack vol1.1 soundific.com/index.php/categories/music/item/365-action-pack-vol1-tr1
i dont understand what you mean. it is the same item only as featured is presented also in the frontpage

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120551 by Yiota
Try to create a hidden menu item to the Electronic category to check if the modules will appear then.

• Soundific Rep
More
10 years 10 months ago #120552 by Soundific Rep
ok problem solved thank you :)