Keyword

Items in catagories showing up on other pages.

• James C
  • James C's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120638 by James C
First let me say hello to all. These forums are great. The collective knowledge is astounding. I am fairly new to K2 as it came with the template I bought, but I know joomla. And I am growing to love K2, but a few issues annoy me.
I am creating my menus with different items with some being listed under different categories. The problem I am having is that I able to create my page, but then under what I create KS drops a lot of the sites other content into the page which is totally unwanted. I have one page that seems to work well, but when I copy the traits from that category it still doesn't seem to work. I have looked through a ton of posts but did not find a direct answer to my problem. I am learning quickly but I would like to get this section done so that I may proceed with my site.

For instance : this page should have no content at all, but yet it is pulling content from all over the site.
veniceinformationcenter.com/NewVenice/gallery/dining-places

Also is there a simple way to adjust the menu font to a larger size? This is something I haven't spent time looking into yet I just thought I would ask.

Thank you so much for your help.

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #120639 by Vitaly
I would like look into your problem, but your site works awfully slow in my case.

About fonts - you can change them anytime via css. Menu structure is just simple <ul> list

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120640 by Yiota
Your link returns a 404 error. Could you provide another one?
Thank you.

• James C
More
10 years 10 months ago #120641 by James C
Thank you all for your replies. I have been fiddling with this all day. I think I am learning how k2 organizes things but I am still in the dark on a few things. If you go to the main page and click on business, then merchants, you will a listing of local merchants at least the ones I have finished. I would like a similar 4 column listing under my other menu options so that everything looks uniform. I have a ROKcandy component installed that came with the template but I don't think it is doing much, but then what do I know.

The speed of the site was mentioned above. This is something that popped up yesterday and has been causing me problems ever sense. It takes me forever just to do simple tasks, if anyone knows an answer to this question let me know I will post a log that looks strange to me as it seems to load a TON of data each time a page loads.

veniceinformationcenter.com/NewVenice

Joomla! Debug Console
Session
__default
session.client.browser ⇒ Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36
user
session.token ⇒ 40be20ad84b9886812028a7e498781cb
Profile Information
Application 0.103 seconds (+0.103); 0.77 MB (+0.772) - afterLoad
Application 3.822 seconds (+3.719); 4.29 MB (+3.518) - afterInitialise
Application 4.303 seconds (+0.481); 4.63 MB (+0.345) - afterRoute
Application 18.757 seconds (+14.454); 8.61 MB (+3.976) - afterDispatch
Application 19.376 seconds (+0.619); 8.78 MB (+0.170) - beforeRenderModule mod_version (Joomla! Version Information)
Application 20.062 seconds (+0.685); 8.81 MB (+0.028) - afterRenderModule mod_version (Joomla! Version Information)
Application 20.089 seconds (+0.027); 8.83 MB (+0.024) - beforeRenderModule mod_title (Title)
Application 20.349 seconds (+0.260); 8.84 MB (+0.003) - afterRenderModule mod_title (Title)
Application 20.349 seconds (+0.000); 8.84 MB (-0.001) - beforeRenderModule mod_toolbar (Toolbar)
Application 21.369 seconds (+1.020); 8.89 MB (+0.051) - afterRenderModule mod_toolbar (Toolbar)
Application 21.370 seconds (+0.000); 8.89 MB (-0.001) - beforeRenderModule mod_status (User Status)
Application 21.657 seconds (+0.287); 8.89 MB (+0.006) - afterRenderModule mod_status (User Status)
Application 21.657 seconds (+0.000); 8.89 MB (-0.002) - beforeRenderModule mod_menu (Admin Menu)
Application 23.168 seconds (+1.511); 9.21 MB (+0.325) - afterRenderModule mod_menu (Admin Menu)
Application 23.558 seconds (+0.390); 9.38 MB (+0.164) - afterRender

More
10 years 10 months ago #120642 by Vitaly
Show sql queries. There is too much of them. Also Initialise going too long.

Try to remember what did you installed before problem pops up

• James C
More
10 years 10 months ago #120643 by James C
I understand what you are saying about the SQL queries, but those aside, there are multiple transfers of 8+ MB's. That does not strike me as normal. Am I wrong?

I also just went back over my notes and the only thing that has been installed is a Google news feed which posts news to the site on a daily basis. I have since unpublished that module in hopes that it would fix the problem. I am really losing my mind here.

Thank you for your help.

More
10 years 10 months ago #120644 by Vitaly
There is no multiple transfers of 8+mb. You have 2 big scripts, 1st is running in Initialise stage and 2nd at Dispatch stage.

And I must notice that 9.38mb overall is not that bad(for instance its 18mb on my site or 28 with new module, but Im working atm to decrease memory usage). Your problem is timing. To check what you need to understand what exactly going on when your site loading. SQL queries will help. Just check them yourself then. SOmething doing a lot of them. Find what exactly and identify it.

It might be somekind of loop, or just bad module. But since all your pages loading with the same awfull speed it can be only module that works on every page.

It might be also some option of your template. As much as I can say its commercial. Happens with them sometimes.

• James C
More
10 years 10 months ago #120645 by James C
THANK YOU, I will start looking into it now. Where do I look to see the SQL queries? If you could point me in the right direction I am sure I can figure it out.

Thanks again.

• James C
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120646 by James C
Maybe you could assist me in the second part of my issue. When I installed the template there was a page that was configured for a 4 column listing like shown here veniceinformationcenter.com/NewVenice/gallery/columns-4

I have been trying to figure out a way to duplicate the page and just change the title and content, but everything I try does not keep the layout. I see in the url it is going under a gallery directory. Could there be a K2 option I am missing that will allow me to duplicate this?

Thanks again for your time.

I also found a way to monitor the mysql stuff. Do you agree I should give this a try?
www.howtogeek.com/howto/database/monitor-all-sql-queries-in-mysql/

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120647 by Vitaly
You can check queries right in debug log of your joomla. Last tab.

Good luck :)