Keyword

[SOLVED] Attachments?

• Mike Gaskey
  • Mike Gaskey's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120665 by Mike Gaskey
[SOLVED] Attachments? was created by Mike Gaskey
I'll start with an apology, I am a total rookie at K2 so this may well be the dumbest question asked to date.

After a new install of joomla 3.2 and the latest version of K2 I created categories and am now attempting to add items. These items must include zipped files that can be downloaded. So I start by initiating a new K2 item, write some narrative and attempt to add an attachement. The attachment is a "zip" file consisting of several PDF files. I click on the "Attachment" button at the top of the editor and hen I'm given the "Add attachment field" button. I click on that and browse my desktop PC for the file I want to attach. I find the file tthen click on "Save". Then I go to the frontend of my site and try to download the file that should have been uploaded and get a message, "cannot find the file".

I wold have expected to see an "NOw upload" button or something similar, but did not.

The same thing happens if I select an existing file on the serve at my ISP.

This happens even though when I open the item it shows me the file. If I try to download the file from that backend, I get the same problem.

I'm certain I'm doing something wrong but I do not see what it is. Any ideas?

Thanks - Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120666 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Attachments?
The attachments are stored in media/k2/attachments. Browse to that folder and check if the zip file exists there. If it doesn't then something went wrong with the upload. Maybe something with folder permissions or the max upload size.

• Mike Gaskey
  • Mike Gaskey's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120667 by Mike Gaskey
Replied by Mike Gaskey on topic Re: Attachments?
Thanks fo rthe help. It looks like I was trying to upload a file with a formidden suffix, an executable. I was trying to make a zipped, self extracting, file available to users of a site I'm building. I found a solution, a joomla extension called nicepaypaldownloads. I'd actually bought it for a different site I'd built earlier this year and the terms of the vendor allowed use on multiple sites and the abililty to download a current version,

Again, thanks!