Keyword

K2 tools module

• Kristin
  • Kristin's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120713 by Kristin
K2 tools module was created by Kristin
I am making edits to one of our older sites that is running on 1.5 and I am creating a blog using K2 Categories Menu. I added two side insets using K2 tools module. My problem is that the module are only showing up on the main page of the blog and not on the pages when you select an archive or a tag.

Is there anyway to make the modules show up on the pages linking to the tags and archives?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120714 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: K2 tools module
Have you set up the module to be published in all pages?

• Kristin
More
10 years 10 months ago #120715 by Kristin
Replied by Kristin on topic Re: K2 tools module
I set the module to be on only the page for the blog. The menu item is using a categories type so every page under that category shows up. I have the modules set for the blog menu link. I do not want the modules to be on every page within the website. Just the blog pages. I found that if i turn the SEF off it shows up like i want. I put a ticket in to the sef place to see if they can help to but not getting much luck here. any ideas? Is this maybe just a glitch in the k2 component?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120716 by Yiota
Since tags pages and archive pages don't have a menu item the module cannot possibly appear to those. You could choose to show your module according the option "Show in all pages except selected". Maybe this way your module will show up like you want.
Give it a try and let me know.

• Kristin
More
10 years 10 months ago #120717 by Kristin
Replied by Kristin on topic Re: K2 tools module
Ok, thank you. I am editing a clients old 1.5 version of joomla so that option is not available. But thank you!

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120718 by Yiota
Then I'm afraid that you have to figure another way to approach this.
Either choose a new position where the module would be published in all pages and you can narrow down where it would show by code in the if statement of the module or you can just create hidden menu items and choose where to publish.